4 Night Castle and Hotel Tour
4 Night Castle and Hotel Tour – a luxurious private chauffeured vacation package in the South West of Ireland
Day 1 — Airport Meet & Greet
Meet on arrival at Dublin / Shannon Airport. Travel southwards in the direction of Limerick and Adare. Stop at Adare for photos of this very quaint picturesque village of thatched cottages and ancient monastic heritage. On towards Newcastlewest for visit of it’s superb Castle. Continue towards Ballyseede Castle for overnight.
Day 2 – Private Tour of Dingle & Slea Head Drive
A private tour of Dingle & Slea Head drive for breathtaking scenery on the Wild Atlantic Way. Stop when you want and for as long as you wish to enjoy this amazing landscape. In my 20 odd years touring Ireland, the Dingle Peninsula is my favourite of all. Green fields, white sandy beaches and the rugged Wild Atlantic Way. Sheep, seagulls, donkeys and Dingle harbour which even has its own resident dolphin called ‘fungie’. The dolphin is in the headlines at the moment as is gone missing. He has been here for 37 years. Dingle is very colorful with quirky shops and great restaurants.
See where the filming of ‘Ryan’s Daughter‘ took place on Slea Head Drive. It has amazing views onto the Blasket Islands in the Atlantic ocean, & it is said that on a clear day the statue of liberty can be seen from here!
Listen to the Gaelic language being spoken. Visit Gallarus Oratory and hear all about St Brendan’s voyage. . . he discovered America before Columbus. Return via ‘The Conor Pass’ with it’s stunning views in mountainous landscape overlooking Tralee Bay on the Wild Atlantic Way. The road that descends the mountain is very narrow but your local driver is well used to it! You just sit back and take it all in. A very memorable day.
- Stop at Inch Beach en route to Dingle
- Stop at Dingle town
- Many photo stops along Slea Head Drive
- Visit Dunquin Pier
- Coffee or lunch stop at Blasket Heritage Centre on Slea Head Drive
- Visit Gallarus Oratory
- Return via Conor Pass with it’s stunning views. Overnight at Ballyseede Castle Hotel, Tralee
Day 3 – Private Ring of Kerry Tour
Day 4 – Private tour of Killarney Town and National Park
- Ladies View – panoramic view onto the lakes of Killarney, named after the ladies in waiting for Queen Victoria who used to come here to take in the views.
- Torc Waterfall
- Muckross House & Gardens – Beautiful stately home of the Herbert family who hosted Queen Victoria during her visit to Killarney in 1861. Surrounded by stunning gardens with views onto Muckross Lake.
- Muckross Abbey – Built in 1448 and home to the Franciscan Friars until it’s destruction during the Cromwellian period. Visit the ruined abbey in it’s stunning setting.
- Ross Castle – 15 century tower house on the shore of Louth Leane
- Killarney House & Gardens – Once home to the Kenmare family who were largely responsible for the development of Killarney, to the bustling tourist town it Is today. More recently, it has been the retirement home of John Mc Shain, ‘ the builder of Washington’, who built the Pentagon, Jefferson Memorial, Washington airport and redesigned the Whitehouse.
- Killarney Golf & Fishing Club – whether you are into golf or not you will love the scenery here
- Aghadoe Heights – panoramic views onto the mountains and lakes
Check into your Killarney Hotel for overnight.
Day 5 – Transfer to airport with visit to Cliffs of Moher if time allows.