Killarney Tours _ Killarney National Park
Killarney Town and National Park Tour
Private tour of Killarney Town and National Park, taking in all the scenic highlights of the region. The park has 26,000 acres of mountains, lakes, native woodlands with breathtaking scenery. So much to see!
- Ladies View – panoramic view onto the lakes of Killarney, named after the ladies in waiting for Queen Victoria who used to come here to take in the views.
- Torc Waterfall
- Muckross House & Gardens – Beautiful stately home of the Herbert family who hosted Queen Victoria during her visit to Killarney in 1861. Surrounded by stunning gardens with views onto Muckross Lake.
- Muckross Abbey – Built in 1448 and home to the Franciscan Friars until it’s destruction during the Cromwellian period. Visit the ruined abbey in it’s stunning setting.
- Ross Castle – 15 century tower house on the shore of Louth Leane
- Killarney House & Gardens – Once home to the Kenmare family who were largely responsible for the development of Killarney, to the bustling tourist town it Is today. More recently, it has been the retirement home of John Mc Shain, ‘ the builder of Washington’, who built the Pentagon, Jefferson Memorial, Washington airport and redesigned the Whitehouse.
- Killarney Golf & Fishing Club – whether you are into golf or not you will love the scenery here
- Aghadoe Heights – panoramic views onto the mountains and lakes